Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 - Websites

Registering for various websites, today -






















Not sure the exact benefit of each of these sites; however, more support during the program the better for motivation. The sites did provide some useful calculators. I outlined the equations in the past as shown in the blog; however, I was looking for a simple solution.

According to the BMI (Body Mass Index) Calculators on these various sites it shows my current BMI is: 38.2! They also show that I burn about 2,200 calories a day at rest. Therefor, in order to reach my goal I will have to burn 140,000 calories more then I consumer over the next 30 days or 4,700 calories a day. Thus I have to burn 2,500 calories/day through exercise/gym or 2 1/2 hours of swimming exercises in addition to the amount required to offset my daily intake.

These sites also enable the user to track various aspects of their progress, including journalizing the process of their weight adjustment.

In the end, for me at least, it comes to Keeping it Simple and using these tools as a reminder and if I miss a day of tracking it is not the end of the World. The only person I have to worry about is me.

Today's Weight/Size: 274 (4XL)

No comments: