Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 370 - Still Alive

Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for the last year.

As mentioned last year I did the Long Beach Half Marathon and will do it again this year. It is a very nice path and most of the event is along the shoreline with a great view of the Queen Mary. I did not get enough time for training to do a second Marathon.

However, I have not made that much progress towards any additional weight loss. I can think of all the excuses and it mostly came down to time. Even that is not a solid reason as time is available at any time and it comes really down to energy.

The family is doing great with our son finished up his first season in baseball with outstanding results (3rd place in the playoffs). He also made some great friends. I spent the season as the unofficial pitching coach which gave me the chance to relive my High School days with my two best friends and brother. We are still involved in Scouting and about eight months ago I took on the ranks as the Scout Leader for the boys.

Just last week we went the Northeast on a “Road Trip” vacation of the historic battlefields, White House, Ground Zero, Gettysburg, Minute Man, Vermont Teddy Bear Company, Hershey and of course Ben & Jerry. It was a great time with the family and I want to thank all those that made the vacation and experience great, including but not limited to, Congressman Miller, American Airlines (Special Thanks to Pilot Mark from ORD to SNA), Hilton Family Hotels and Places to Go Travel Agency, in Dover, New Hampshire.

It is time to once again kick everything in gear before the summer. I will try to check in at least once a day for a few minutes in the morning.

This Weeks Weight: ~270 Pounds

No comments: