Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 31/32 - Jogging

I got my butt kicked today! A very close friend of our family invited me to go running with him up Newport Bay this morning. I told him I would do half the run (he was running 10 miles). The first mile was easy at a 12:00 minute pace. The next half mile I had to withdraw. (I thought, if I walked back and ran the same distance again it would be 3 miles.)

At the start of the run I was ready for a run pace and the pace was more of a fast walk. Legs barely moving, but wanting a longer stride and to kick off on each step. I just went with a higher stride, instead of a longer stride. I need to learn how to run for a marathon.

After a mile and a half I walked another quarter mile only to turn around and run short 100 meters and walk 100 meters to work on stride. When I got back towards the starting point I was going to run the mile again to see if I could get a better pace on the mile. Well I did not have to entertain myself as I all of a sudden had to take a bathroom break.

The bathroom was back where I turned around and headed back to the starting point. I think my second attempt at the mile was under 8:00 minutes. I was kicking off on each stride and attempting to bring my leg behind me completely up during the run. Once again when that mile marker passed me I had to go to a slower jog. My body is program from training to run a mile. This is going to be fun retraining it to run longer.

(Additional Resource: Endurance Coach)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waving my pom poms!!! :) That is great. I did my fluidity exercise yesterday and will be walking tonight.

The sweet perfection came -- I've tried in my coffee - it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Good job. Keep it up. I would like to run a 10k in the next few months.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
20 lbs in a month is nothing to sneeze at.
Best wishes on the training for the marathon.
The body will adapt.

Anonymous said...

Hi hope you had a nice holdiay on the 4th! Miss you so pop by next time you log on.

Health and Happiness, Lady Rose

Anonymous said...

What, no updates?

Anonymous said...

**tapes a note to the blog door** just a quick hello! When you get a chance you have to see the picture with my NEW HAT! :)

Anonymous said...

-poke-
You've been doing great, but we miss you!

Anonymous said...

Where did you go? Still keeping up with your weight loss?

Anonymous said...

I'm gathering like many before you that you failed at your quest.