Saturday, June 2, 2007

Day 3 - 1,000 Miles

Was that 2 miles? When I reached the bus stop I was not ready to stop as it did not seem as if I walked two miles. Walking a couple miles a day becomes easier as you continue to walk. Now I have to challenge myself to walk 100 miles a month. Seems like a big number, but so does 100 pounds. Irvine to Portland (http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&tab=wl&hl=en&q=irvine%2C%20ca%20to%20portland%2C%20or)

Walking just 3-4 miles a day should not be too hard given the fact I am already walking 2 ½ miles a day. Currently my diet this last week was descent compared to my prior eating habits and my lunch on Friday was a Half of a hamburger and a salad and it was all I needed. Sure that other half would of tasted good and I wasted a few dollars but compared to wasting my life it was not.

We eat with our senses (sight, taste, smell, and so forth) instead of eating with mind. I say mind. If you are not feeling hungry, why eat? To help maintain a “normal” digestive and metabolism system, but this system also should be the one to tell you when to eat and how much. Enough is enough and I am never again going to finish my plate. Sorry Mom.

We are programmed throughout life that children in other countries do not have food and we should be respectful and not throw food away. But the fact of the mater is the food on your plate does not control how much food children in other countries will have for dinner. If you really want to be respectful then pull out your checkbook and donate to Feed to Children or another other organizations. Oh I almost forgot would it be respectful to eat a double quarter pound burger with cheese and supersized fries in front of a starving child? Then who are you kidding about finishing your plate.

No comments: