Friday, June 1, 2007

Day 2 - Railroad Tracks

Yesterday on my two and a half mile walk I was surprised to have people back up their cars if they were in the crosswalk and some even rolling (Do we really “roll” our windows down anymore?) their windows down to apologize. It was also exciting to see other people on the same quest to better their health. One individual on a bike passed me during my walk only to board the same bus about a mile after the point where I boarded the same bus on my way home.

Half way into the walk I started getting the urge to jog a little and then I had to remind myself that I weight over 270 pounds and my knees would not be happy. Today of course I have a head cold, but it will not stop me from walking another 2 ½ miles tonight after work.

Last night I took a picture to help illustrate the difference between a normal 30” waist and my 50” waist. The shorts in the background are 50” as is the white underwear (I am going to take another picture with 30” shorts in the scene as well to help in the comparison). Right now for comparison I only placed 30” underwear on top. It seems unbelievable.

Here are the facts – If you stretched out 50” it would be taller then most 8 year olds! That is crazy since I have a 7 year old son… You can also buy a 50” Plasma TV for around $2,000.00. And the width of a Railroad Track is only another 6 ½ inches (56.5")! I will stop there before I compare myself with a whale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooooooooooo ALan!!!! You CANNN doooo iTTTT!!! The power is within you and I will definetly support you everyday at work. Yummy salads and tasty yogurts ONLY! I am watching you ;)

LiNzY

Anonymous said...

eating things that are not part of your natural diet just sets you up for failure. eventually you start CRAVING the things you are withholding from yourself. the key is in moderation and portion control, limiting fats not deprivation. look into calorie counting and go at it slowly. make sure you eat a healthy breakfast a HEALTHY LIGHTER snack 2 -3 hours later then lunch, another snack and then dinner. and don't eat within 2 hours of going to sleep. make sure you exercise every day .. and again with this, start small and easy and work your way to more. if you over do it and get pain or hurt, you'll stop and that's setting you up for failure too. be sensible .. make it a fact that you MUST put you and your health as a priority in order to be the best person you can be for your wife and children.
OK .. i'm off my soap box now ...