Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 18/19 - Back to Gym

This morning I went back to the gym for the first time in 3 years. It was only for an hour and I only did very light cardio (15 minutes) along with some muscle toning. About 45 minutes into the workout I retired to the sauna to help my neck pain and loosen up the muscles in the neck. While in the sauna I spoke with another gentlemen who lost 75 pounds in the last year just going to the gym 2x a week.

It was good to get back into the gym and realize that in 10 months I will be a lot more happy and be excited about my life. How can anyone be happy when they are not able to do things with their family?

Your family is suppose to be your greatest support network, but when they are overweight and tired all the time that just does not happen. Our kids are raising themselves because we are not able to westle them to the ground. We can but we might break a few bones on the way down from the weight crushing against them.

If you are serious about your life and want a better life then do what it takes to get to that point.
Today's Weight: 262

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that you went to the gym! and such an inspiration too. I have been thinking about it - but I don't know, I don't think I'm ready yet (money wise and other issues). I have used my fluidity thingy twice so far and plan on doing the workout 3 times a week, and walking or stationary bike a couple times a week too. I have so much equipment at home I need to use regularly before I invest more cash in a gym -- did you know you can't just stare at the equipment but have to actually use it? Who knew? *shrugs*

LOL just joking around hehehe

Health and Happiness, Lady Rose

Anonymous said...

PS Hope you don't mind I tagged you for a get to know each other type meme (totally voluntary of course)

Alan said...

Rose - It is always great to hear from you. You are so right on the gym/equipment (you cannot stare at it - LOL). For me it was a better choice in the matter as it was actually cheaper for me to reinstate the membership versus buying equipment.

One good thing about a gym is the ability to talk and get instant feedback from other people. It was the same reason I started a blog was to get feedback and it is great to read stories and comments of others on the same path. :)

Fellow FatBlogger - Alan