Thursday, August 7, 2008

Day 18 - Long Term Goals

Good Morning. I am on my way to work (Public Transit) and reflecting the last couple weeks. It has been a major change so far. Seeing my weight under 250 pounds for the first time in many years is amazing. Projecting myself to drop 20 pounds a month for the next 3 months is even more stunning. My waistline down near 45 inches and the additional energy I feel cannot be replaced.

I will likely not win our office Biggest Loser Challenge come Monday; however, the key win is overall health improvement. My biggest challenger will likely weight in at 204 (although he is pushing for 203) and have 12.5% weight loss. Myself on the other hand will likely weight in at 245 with a 9.26% (although I am pushing for 243 with a 10% weight loss).

In any case I will have lost roughly 10% of my body weight in just three (3) weeks!

Can I continue to lose over 3% of my weight each week? That will likely not be the case and my goal will be to at least maintain half that percentage or 2-3 pounds a week. This will put me on target to drop another 20 pounds before the Long Beach Half Marathon in October.

Today's Weight: 245

No comments: