Friday, June 8, 2007

Day 9 - Chiropractic Arts

This week, I went to David John Armstrong, DC in Mission Viejo, CA [Fitness Plus Gym, 24401 Alica Parkway, Suite D, Mission Viejo, CA 92691, America Online (aol.com) email: rugbydoc14] to help with the pain associated with my recent neck injury. After feeling the neck he determined because of vertebral subluxation that my upper back was misaligned, not the neck, he proceeded with helping relieve the pain. It worked - for a few hours!

Following this visit I made my way to the emergency room after the pain returned. Dr. Han was the physician on-duty and performed a medical evaluation and professional assessment of the problem. She placed the neck into a brace and within an hour the pain was resolved and I really felt my body could actually heal.

Some people consider Chiropractic Arts as a Medicine in order to obtain greater creditability for its use. In 1897, Daniel David Palmer developed the chiropractic arts and in 1906; Mr. Palmer was convicted for practicing medicine without a license. Today most States, including California, consider Chiropractic Arts a consumer service and thus regulated by the Department of Consumer Affairs.

My use of Chiropractic Services is for quick relief of pain from what I refer to as a pinched nerve and I usually find the service quick and simple with no need for a "medical" referral. Their services are great and help relieve the problem. Now I have to pay since insurance now have special contracts with these services and want you to go to their approved vendors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alan,
Send a check for $40 to Dr. David Armstrong at 24401 Alicia Parkway... Mission Viejo, CA 92618. Give me a call to reschedule. I have a 24 hour cancelation policy, and no shows are billed for a minimum office visit of $85. I will let it slide this time. Take care.