Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 21 - Lifestyles

I am posting this not to offend anyone. I saw me in the coffee shop this morning and I did not like what I saw. Every morning I am now getting some coffee with non-fat milk and no sugar. A big change from the blended ice mocha! This morning after the gym a guy in front of me purchased such a drink and as he stood there with his big waist I saw MYSELF!

What I saw I did not like to see anymore. That was me and the lifestyle I was living. Yes, I will still enjoy those when the time is right and when I am making other correct choices with my life. The only single difference between me and this guy was only a procedural element of the transaction when he did not want a receipt.

Every choice we make has a path. In school they teach us to say, “No” to drugs and walk away under pressure. The drugs of our life are the chemicals in food and more importantly the fat that is killing us. When is enough, enough!

Watching people eat and looking at the food they are consuming is starting to actually make me sick and wanting to vomit. Now I have other concerns of becoming mentally unstable after losing weight in developing pcrescophobia and anorexia nervosa. I do not think this will be the issue and I will only be concerned that what is entering my system is not going to be bad or harmful. Anyone for a Venti® White Chocolate Frappuccino® blended crème with whipped cream topping and a Cinnamon Twist (1,240 Calories)?
Today's Weight: 258

Venti® and Frappuccino® are registered trademarks of Starbucks Corporation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, once your "brain" starts to really think about you're eating - those big portions and other things don't look as appetizing. What really saddens me is when I see what children are eating -- like the boy (about 10) who's mother allowed him to have a HUGE burger, curly fries, onion rings, and another side dish (I forget what but not salad), and then dessert. And even sadder - he ate it all. He was already a "big" boy, and my heart was very saddened thinking of what his life and health will be like in a few more years and as an adult.

Health and Happiness, Lady Rose

Alan said...

Being a little fat kid growing up when I was not playing as much it really did not hit me until I was about 12 to start watching what I ate and exercise. I started biking and did not really remember being a little husky size kid.

I remember going with Grandma to SEARS to get new jeans, size 12 Husky. It was normal!

For me as a kid even I just had to make that change. Back then it was not too bad - no where near where I am today in percentage.

It is tough as a kid because you follow after your parents. I was skinny between 0-6, husky from 6-11, and skinny again from 11-20.