Saturday, June 23, 2007

Day 24 - Gaining Weight

I cannot tell you how much stuff has gone through my mind today after gaining two (2) pounds this morning. In the past couple of days I have been busy with various celebrations and moved away from my normal routine. These events included a graduation, Cub Scout Ceremony (we have a Wolf in our family, now) and something we did Wednesday Night. I have snacked late at night which caused me to not get a good sleep, because I was hungry two hours after snacking.

Yesterday was my off day at the gym; maybe I can blame that and get out easy? However, I ended up playing volleyball on the beach with the Scouts so that was a good workout (it was). Our Den Leader’s son has good focus when it comes to the game. I felt bad not being able to challenge him more as my own focus was gone as I started to hit the ball like a mad man with no sense of control.

My weight gain comes down to having a little fun for a couple days and enjoying myself a little. Does it mean I have to work out twice as hard next week? No, I did 15 minutes at the gym today on my upper body and I am not going to change anything next week. Nothing wrong with a small gain here and there as I am still focused and I know what needs to be done for my overall goal.

I am still better off today then I was a month ago at this same time. Even as I say that I have thoughts of double time going through my head. It is just time to refocus myself and just get back on the program. I made some mistakes this week, but I did them because I love my family and had fun and some good time.
Today's Weight: 257

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there buddy - I think the fat fairy was just having a cranky week or something. (I gained a little too - no idea why, well it could have been because I've slacked off on exercise - but nah I'd rather blame the fat fairy!)

That night time snacking is EVIL dude -- JUST SAY NO :)

Great that you are not beating yourself and sticking with the plan. We are in this for the long haul - one little week of an uncooperative scale can't beat us!

Lady Rose
(1.5 gained this this week - bot 80ish overall lost so far, only 60ish left to go)